2009/10/13

BFF_047


On the "First Fridays" of every month there is a galley-hop in Buffalo NY, in Allentown. Nobody would ever want to display my priceless artwork in their gallery, so I need to HIJACK the entire event! I propose to construct and a mobile projection booth to wander from gallery to gallery in. I will project video of my various art projects onto any available wall while blabbering on-and-on about each work's unique creative process. I will wander and share until they make me go away. *The "urban space" permits excessive eccentricity (as long as no one gets hurt). The "art galley" scene "officially" champions certain brands of eccentricity (but scoffs at others). "HIJACKING" a "galley-hop" in an "Urban Space" is a PERFECT opportunity to force unwanted eccentricities upon an unsuspecting "high-class" audience. 
("Site" proposal for Millie's Installation: Urban Space course)
(map of territory to be invaded)

8 comments:

  1. approved.

    i got your back. will disguise myself as suburbanite and video record your spectacle of awesomeness in an eye witness surprised bystander kind of way.

    got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please forward the video as I will be eagerly awaiting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. art opening in bestbuy... http://www.artfagcity.com/2009/10/09/borna-sammak-opens-video-exhibition-in-best-buy-new-yorkers-annoyed/

    ReplyDelete
  4. _Apophenia Guy - October 27 at 5:02pm
    that looks dicey and fun, do you need the projector as part of the work? can you just sneak your work up on the wall in every location with some sort of pointer to the project? your car battery may go dead without the car running if you pull AC. or can you project your work on the building entrances and windows from your car during the openings? so you have the juice you need? a bullhorn could provide means for necessary commentary : )

    _artist - October 27 at 7:52pm
    bullhorn sounds fitting!!!, I'm researching to see how far the battery will go, showing the work on my laptop screen from the booth by putting the laptop on a lazy susan isn't out of the question

    _Apophenia Guy - October 29 at 8:36pm
    just found this, keep watching after the drips.
    http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=34#video

    _artist - October 29 at 10:28pm
    thats AWESOME

    _Apophenia Guy - October 30 at 7:26am
    check out the other projects at the same site... you may need a little wagon or side car for the battery, slight fire/explosion hazard in an enclosed space. on one of the shoots I worked in NYC, we were building in a sound stage on the far west side called "X". They had hired a homeless, somewhat deranged, guy to be the handy man. It wasn't an act of pure altruism, they liked having him around to tease, to break up the monotony of long hours at the studio. He would get so wound up sometimes that he would punch himself in the face, hard, repeatedly. Almost went totally berserk at about 3am one morning while we were working away to blaring Sonic Youth, tense moment because one of the guys on the art department was going to take him down if he kept it up. Anyway, one of the standing gags the guys that own the studio had was to tell a story how this homeless guy invented the boom box. The said they found him under a bridge with a radio hotwired to a car battery with coat hanger wire and further coat hangered to a board with old skate wheels on it to make a weird wagon/skiff thing he dragged along behind him with a dirty piece of rope. At the peak of the story, they'd tell the guy to go get the contraption to prove the tale. And he did, it was in the studio and he'd parade around with it, no irony, completely serious. I witnessed this whole story/gag repeated a number of times, it was a standard routine with them all at the studio.

    _artist - October 30 at 3:05pm
    "slight fire/explosion hazard in an enclosed space" GREAT TO KNOW :O -possibly- battery secured OUTside the back of the booth / "punch himself in the face, hard, repeatedly" HAHAHA! (or terribly sad) / this story is SUREAL!, like goofy fiction / thank you SO much for this magical tidbit :) / ps. this string of messages is very important to this work, so I'd like to post them on the Buffalo Fantasy blog post as a "comment" to the silly poster/drawing. Would you approve of such a thing or is there any privileged information we can patch? pseudonym, initials, full name? whatdayasay? I appreciate you GREATLY! :)

    _Apophenia Guy - October 30 at 6:52pm
    the "X" studio name may not be cool to mention, can we blip that? they may still be there : )
    better use my pseudonym: "Apophenia Guy"

    _artist - October 30 at 10:50pm
    ok Apophenia Guy, “X” is history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sounds like a great idea!!! good luck to you.

    -skye

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe I'll put a gilded gold frame on the front of the cart so I'm centrally lit inside it with airbrushed black fade out at bottom to ideally bustify

    ReplyDelete
  7. maybe I'll just present my facebook history page

    ReplyDelete