2009/10/07

BFF_046

So I've been sick with a serious sinus infection and I'm physically drained and spaced out on meds.  I was on the verge of canceling my "Intro to Digital Practices" class, but I instead was spirited into writing the following text. I projected this in the front of the classroom, flickered the lights to get everyone's attention,  pointed at the screen without uttering a word, and walked out of the classroom...

The students all sat and worked hard for two and a half hours straight!

3 comments:

  1. The walkout heightened dramatic effect, I eventually returned after a short walk, offered the option of my technical assistance to whoever needed it and sat at the teaching station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the improv that I started doing, you have to forget every rule you've ever been taught. It's more unlearning than learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the silence of the stillness between phrases of action elicits the obsessive criticism of the super-ego

    ReplyDelete