2009/09/04

BFO_030

This is my first project proposal for my installation class...
My "time" installation is going to be projecting video documentation of a construction process onto the completed construction. My studio is currently a CHAOS of precariously piled boxes, cabinets, and "everything but the kitchen sink". There is barely space to walk. THE FIRE MARSHAL IS VISITING TUESDAY!!! I have built a digital 3D model of the space and the planned organization. I am doing heavy construction this weekend of elaborate shelving structures to turn the space into the ultimate functional artist's studio. I am going to video-doc the entire process and use time lapse techniques to minimize the overall video duration. The projected video at hyper speed will reflect the initial chaos of the space, winding down until the projected video becomes merely a spotlight revealing the completed studio. This project gives me the opportunity to take my habitual video documenting of process and optimize it into a presentable artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment