2009/09/15

BFF_041

heaven-hell-heaven-hell-heaven-hell-heaven-hell-heaven-hell-heaven-hell- (nothing-in-between) so, the fire marshal thing could be a total deal breaker, on Oct the 1st he comes back and inspects my studio, If he finds ANY infractions, the fines are retroactive so I get an accumulative fine adding up from the first day he noticed my mess (that adds up to more $$$ than I could ever come up with! so my grad school experience could be nearing it's END) that would be fine and dandy if I had NOTHING to do between now and then but CLEAN, but I have a FULL course-load and a class to teach! This past weekend I built the first two of the shelf structures for the studio design while I intermittently shot documentary video of the graduating MFA class setting up their final show in the gallery (I am also in charge of creating video podcasting content for the dept). I have been meeting with our buildings facilities manager to share my studio plans. He seems to think everything will be fine (if my results actually match my planning) but he stressed that it is the inspectors MOOD at the specific moment he walks through that determines HOW picky he will be. My life is hanging by a thread. also, I'll have to share my performance/installation I did in the freight elevator with you sometime.

3 comments:

  1. i always wanted to put a disco ball/lights/sound system in that freight elevator and have a dance party in it...seriously

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my performance/installation I did in the freight elevator"
    http://www.vimeo.com/8469636

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to set it up like a shrink's office, w/ wood paneling and book cases, the doors would open and I'd by in a fancy chair, pointing you to the couch "come in, lie down, tell me about your feelings...

    ReplyDelete